it’s that time of the year again! back to school shopping is in full effect.
up until recently, i didn’t seek out teacher discounts for new school clothes or other items. my school doesn’t use IDs on a regular basis and i actually lost mine for awhile. so i just put discounts on the back burner. but i kept hearing about more places offering them so i decided to do some research. if you have a recent paystub, that will work in place of an ID. luckily, i found my ID but now I know that i have the paystub option if i need it. so without further ado… here are the most common and usable teacher discounts i found:
- the container store – offers a teacher discount program which gives the member 10% off.
- dollar tree – it’s not advertised, but at most stores teachers can get 10% off with their school ID.
- office max – teachers can join MaxPerks Rewards for Teachers and earn a $10 reward for every $75 spent.
- staples – with the Staples Teacher Rewards Program earn 10% back in rewards on most purchases.
- office depot – with the Star Teacher Program, get 10% back in rewards on Ink, Toner, Paper, and more. you can even get 1% back on almost everything else and 15% off copy and print orders.
- mardel – this store has a back to school sale each year at the end of july or early august with a 20% discount on ALL education items. check their website for the date. for the 2014 school year, it is august 9th.
- hancock fabrics – show your school ID for 15% off your purchase.
- joann fabrics – 15% off in store with a valid school ID.
- michael’s – save 15% off with school ID.
- barnes & noble – with the B&N Educator Program, teachers can save 20% off list price & up to 25% off during Educator Appreciation Days.
- half price books – apply for a Teacher & Librarian Discount Card and save 10% off their purchase.
- books-a-million – shop at your local Books-a-Million and receive 20% off for faculty (in store only).
- ann taylor loft – this is my absolute favorite clothing store for teacher clothes. with a valid ID, get 15% off your purchase.
- j. crew – show an ID in store or at an outlet locations and save 15% off.
- banana republic – save 10% when an Employee ID (in store only).
- eddie bauer – save 15% off of regularly priced merchandise with valid student ID (in store only).
- ny & co. If you are looking to update your back to school wardrobe, save 5% with an Employee ID.
- the limited – you can save 15% when you show your pay stub or teacher ID card (in store only).
- at&t – provide your ID and save around 15% off your monthly bill.
- apple store – save 5%-10% when you shop through the apple.com educational store for faculty, staff, and students.
- hp – receive up to 10% off when you shop through the academic purchase program.
- sprint – save up to 18% for teachers with a teacher ID card.